Austin USDA Loan
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a USDA Home Loan?
An Austin USDA Guarantee Home Loan is a government-insured loan. The United States Department of Agriculture, or USDA, creates distinctively favorable conditions for qualified homebuyers.
What are the benefits of the USDA Loan Program?
- No USDA reserve requirements
- No down payment required for Austin-area USDA mortgage financing
- Not required to be a first-time home buyer
- 30-year fixed rate
- Borrowers with a lower FICO score may qualify
- Self-employed incomes accepted
- There is no maximum Austin USDA loan amount set
- No limit set on seller contributions or gift funds- gifts may be accepted from family, friends, or non-profit organizations
Choose a mortgage with the USDA Guarantee Rural Housing Program!